The number 13 is perhaps the most talked about number in the world, particularly owing to the religious significance that it carries. Christianity speaks about the number 13 and its importance in many a way.
So, what is the significance of the number 13? Is it significant only from the perspective of religion? Or does it have other forms of significance too?
This article looks at the religious as well as non-religious significance of the number 13. Let us understand why the number 13 has attracted so much importance in our lives, so much so that people do not even consider giving their kids a 13-character name. Well, Read on…
These facts will reveals to you that subconsciously, man has made 13 central to the things many things he deals with and encounters in his life. Here are some really mind-boggling facts:
- The number 13 symbolizes death, Satanism and the occult. It is also central to witchcraft. It is known to possess a tangibly mysterious power.
- The number 13 is unlucky to those who fear the secret power and knowledge, the gnosis it associates itself with. Fear of the number 13 is referred to as Triskaidekaphobia.
- All children go through 13 years of schooling, in most parts of the world. It was 12 at the start but then, kindergarten was included. 13-year-old school going kids are often rebellious.
- Consider the US 1 dollar bill. It has 13 stripes, 13 leaves, 13 olives, 13 pyramids and 13 stars.
- In the 18th century, 13 states Of America rebelled against the British Crwon. Nobody knows why it was 13 and not 12 or 14.
- American Stunt maestro, Sam Patch readied himself for the longest jump on 13th November, 1829. that was his last jump.
- There are 52 cards in a playing deck. Why? Well, nobody’s sure.
- United Nations, an organization created to ensure World Peace, has 13 characters.
- The last supper had 13 people, we all know that. One of them, Christ revealed, will betray him.
10.The Persians, first to assign the 12 Constellations, consider 13 to be unlucky. On The thirteenth day of the Persian calendar, people leave home to avoid bad luck and misfortune of any character.
Thank you for stopping by our post on Facts About The Number 13. We hope that you enjoyed it. Please check back with us as we add new articles, blogs and videos daily!
Related articles across the web
Follow Us On Pinterest & Facebook
Read more at: http://www.boldsky.com/yoga-spirituality/anecdotes/2014/facts-about-number-13-040716.html